- United Nations Development Programme (1997)-- This document provides some insight into the historic effectiveness of Heantos, the forerunner to Addict Assist, the absence of which would have caused the United Nations not to have funded this project in the first place.
- Re-evaluation of Safety & Efficacy of the Anti-Drug Medication -- A paper published by the Institute of Chemistry, National Center for National Science and Technology in Hanoi, Vietnam, including a study by the Central Psychiatric Hospital, Ministry of Health, showing that the original Heantos formula was safe and effective when properly administered. (1999, 50 pg.)
- Initial Report: Group of International Experts Observing the Use of the Anti-Drug Medication "Heantos" in Vietnam -- May, 1999.
- Cold Turkey, Vietnamese Style -- This article from the esteemed scientific journal, Nature (Feb. 2005) --- [Our comment: If Heantos, the precursor to Addict Assist before the current level of improvements, would the United Nations and various Western governments have invested this heavily in its investigation?]
- Pathways to Plausibility: When Herbs Become Pills by Ayo Wahlberg -- "At best, one would have to conclude that these herbal remedies [the article examines the inarguable effects of St. John's Wort and Heantos] are but the latest casualties of modernity's incessant drive to rationalize, commodify, industrialize, and colonize 'nature'" (p. 54)